The North Danville School is the second school of village of North Danville. The first, a large two-story structure, educating elementary through high school students, was replaced by the present structure in 1930. Later, a fire in the upper portion of the old school caused serious damage, but the building was saved by local volunteer firefighters. What remained of the old school was later demolished.
The present building was used as a grammar school through 1989 before the last remaining grades were moved to Danville School in Danville Green. In 1990, the Town agreed to keep the school as a community center for the village. One of the most loved events in our town is centered at the school when North Danville hosts the 4th of July celebration. The event fills the community with crowds that enjoy a parade, games, and lots of good food and conversation.
The building’s four main rooms are used by three organizations: the North Danville Brainerd Library (two rooms), the Danville Historical Society, and the North Danville Community Club. The North Danville School Association encourages the use of the facility by non-profit, local organizations and community groups within the Town of Danville. Non-profit Danville community groups may use the building free of charge, subject to scheduling. Other groups and individuals may use the facility if the use is consistent with the mission of the Association, subject to scheduling.